When I try to finish 12,400 exemtion show up, what...

When I try to finish 12,400 exemtion show up, what is it and does it affect my tax

You are seeing your standard deduction.   That means that the first $12,400 of your income is not taxable if you are not someone else's dependent.  It is not a refund.

Explain Standard Deduction—What is it?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/credits-and-deductions/help/what-s-my-standard-deduction/00/26370

So I don't pay that 

Sorry I'm new to trying to do them on my own 

No, your standard deduction of $12,400 is deducted from your income. If you look at your physical 1040 Form, you will see that your taxable income is less than your actual income.

Thank you very much