Solved: When I tried to file TurboTax said that I had to file form 8862. I called the IRS and they show no reason for me to have to file that. why would they say I had to file it

When I tried to file TurboTax said that I had to file form 8862. I called the IRS and they show no reason for me to have to file that. why would they say I had to file it

Go back through the Earned Income Credit section.  There is a question asking if you ever had the credit reduced or disallowed in a prior year.  Change your answer to No.

Thanks!