• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vickijune71

When I tried to file TurboTax said that I had to file form 8862. I called the IRS and they show no reason for me to have to file that. why would they say I had to file it

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

When I tried to file TurboTax said that I had to file form 8862. I called the IRS and they show no reason for me to have to file that. why would they say I had to file it

Go back through the Earned Income Credit section.  There is a question asking if you ever had the credit reduced or disallowed in a prior year.  Change your answer to No.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anita01

Go back through the Earned Income Credit section.  There is a question asking if you ever had the credit reduced or disallowed in a prior year.  Change your answer to No.

View solution in original post

vickijune71

Thanks!
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v