turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hien_minh_le05
Returning Member

When I started my Turbo Tax today, the program asked me to enter the activation code. How can I get the activation code to continue with the Turbo Tax?

I had it online on 11/18/2019 but did not retain my email record.
How can I get the activation code from the Turbo Tax records?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

When I started my Turbo Tax today, the program asked me to enter the activation code. How can I get the activation code to continue with the Turbo Tax?

The license code is shown in your download account.  Sign onto your download account - https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/unified/downloads?route=myaccounts

hien_minh_le05
Returning Member

I could not find the entry for the 2019 Delux I bought online and downloaded it on 11/18/2019 to my computer.

I have been using it several time without having  this activation issue.

I did not retain my order records in my e-mail.

Please help!!!

Many people end up with multiple accounts without realizing it.   Here's how to troubleshoot for multiple accounts (User IDs) :

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  Try using your phone number first.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies