turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I paid my quarterly taxes I included both the income tax and self employment tax amounts? When I enter my payments in Turbo Tax Business do I include both portions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

When I paid my quarterly taxes I included both the income tax and self employment tax amounts? When I enter my payments in Turbo Tax Business do I include both portions?

Are you using the Turbo Tax Business program or the Home & Business program?  You should not be using Business for self employment.

In the personal Home & Business program you enter the full estimated amounts you paid.  It's not split out.  It all goes on the same personal return.  

I'm sorry my mistake I am using Turbo Tax Home and Business.

Yes then enter the full amount you paid as a 1040ES estimated payment.  Everything goes together on your personal return.  The withholding and payments you made are not split out as to what they are for.  Even though the self employment tax is a separate line on the return it all figures into the total Tax Due or Refund.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies