turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aaugustah

When i enter in the amount i got for stimulus payments it says its correct and doesnt prompt me to rebate credit..i only received money for 1 child not 2 .claimed 2

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

When i enter in the amount i got for stimulus payments it says its correct and doesnt prompt me to rebate credit..i only received money for 1 child not 2 .claimed 2

The dependent that did not get a stimulus payment would not be qualified if they are over the age of 17.This could be the reason you are not getting additional stimulus money with the Recovery Rebate CreditIn order for a dependent to be eligible, the dependent must be your qualifying child under the age of 17. Please keep in mind that although they may be dependents on your tax return, they are not automatically qualified for a stimulus payment. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
aaugustah

They are 10 and  13

If the information is not being picked up for your second child, it is possible that TurboTax is not recognizing the social security number, or that a question in the interview was not answered correctly.  Try deleting the children in TurboTax and then going back and entering their information again.  Make sure that all fields are entered correctly.

To qualify for the stimulus these conditions must be met:

A qualifying child, under the age of 17 for the 2019 tax year, who has not provided more than half of their own expenses and lived with the taxpayer claiming them as a dependent for more than six months is eligible for a stimulus payment.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies