When I downloaded a copy of my 2019 return, I noti...

ohhec

When I downloaded a copy of my 2019 return, I noticed the payment voucher amount is $500 lower than my total 2019 tax due. Why are these numbers different?

Is it a 1040V voucher or a 1040ES payment slip? The 1040ES is to make estimated prepayments for next year and optional to pay.  It is just a suggestion.

Make sure you are looking at a 1040V voucher for federal tax owed.  Do you also owe state tax?  Look over your tax forms very carefully.  If you owe state tax, you have to pay that separately to the state.

Your federal tax due is on line 23 of your Form 1040.  Your state tax due will be somewhere near the bottom your state tax return form.