Solved: When entering the payer's Federal ID # from a 1099 misc, it doesn't fit the options available... this one is formatted like this: 1-74-xxxxxxx-0 How do I enter it?

When entering the payer's Federal ID # from a 1099 misc, it doesn't fit the options available... this one is formatted like this: 1-74-xxxxxxx-0 How do I enter it?

The federal employer identification number (EIN) is nine digits, so leave off the one in the front and the zero in the back, as well as the extra dashes.  The format is xx-xxxxxxx.  This will clear up your issue.