Solved: When entering the payer's Federal ID # from a 1099 misc, it doesn't fit the options available... this one is formatted like this: 1-74-xxxxxxx-0 How do I enter it?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When entering the payer's Federal ID # from a 1099 misc, it doesn't fit the options available... this one is formatted like this: 1-74-xxxxxxx-0 How do I enter it?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Expert Alumni

When entering the payer's Federal ID # from a 1099 misc, it doesn't fit the options available... this one is formatted like this: 1-74-xxxxxxx-0 How do I enter it?

The federal employer identification number (EIN) is nine digits, so leave off the one in the front and the zero in the back, as well as the extra dashes.  The format is xx-xxxxxxx.  This will clear up your issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Expert Alumni

The federal employer identification number (EIN) is nine digits, so leave off the one in the front and the zero in the back, as well as the extra dashes.  The format is xx-xxxxxxx.  This will clear up your issue.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings