Solved: When entering Business Income for a home business, should I include total amount that includes state sales tax in the total?

reeves199

When entering Business Income for a home business, should I include total amount that includes state sales tax in the total?

IreneS

No.  Your gross sales total does not include the state sales taxes collected for remittance.

So when reporting your business income and expenses, reduce the gross sales total by the any amount of included state sales tax and do not include these remitted state sales taxes as a business expense.

IreneS