erfojtik

When changing exemption status on a 1040x, do I only fill in the exemption changes or do I have to rework every single number beyond the change?

I erroneously claimed dependence on my 2015 taxes (done with TurboTax). I fixed this by filing a 1040x for both Federal and State on paper without the TurboTax program. When I did this, I only filled in the exemption field with the changed numbers. Was I suppose to fill out every single number that would be changing thereafter or was the simple change in exemption enough? The thought did not come up until after I had already submitted the forms, so this is more for me to know if I will be hearing from Federal and State for filling in the form incorrectly.

BarbL

If you changed the number of exemptions or your exemption status, Turbo Tax would have made the appropriate changes to the other items on the amended return. 

Just to clarify - amended returns cannot be e-filed.  If you did not print, sign, and mail, the returns have not been submitted.