What type of income do I file for if I worked thro...

rjkroeplin

What type of income do I file for if I worked through Upwork and Fiverr?

I've made over 5k through Upwork and Fiverr, but we don't receive a 1099-NEC form.  Do I say  that it's an "uncommon income" instead?

They have until Feb 1 to send you the 1099NEC.  That is self employment income.  You have to file it on schedule C and pay self employment tax.

You can enter Self Employment Income into Online Deluxe or Premier but if you have any expenses you will have to upgrade to the Self Employed version. Or any of the Desktop programs. But you will get the most help in the Home & Business version.

How to enter income from Self Employment
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/self-employed/help/how-do-i-report-income-from-self-employment/00/...

If you have the Online version or even in the Desktop program just enter your total business income as Cash or General income. You don't need to enter the actual 1099Misc or 1099NEC. Only the total goes to schedule C line 1.