turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: How can I talk to live person at TurboTax?

Re:  
Schedule C and 1099 misc?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

136 Replies

Phone support is not provided with the Free Edition.  If you are using a paid version of the software or if you purchased PLUS you can get phone support when customer support is there.  Otherwise, post your question here and someone will try to help.

To call TurboTax customer support
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number">https://ttlc.intuit.com...>
They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
pk
Level 15
Level 15

what is the question regarding 1099-MISC and schedule-C -- perhaps one of us can answer and/or help you through this--no?

How do I report income from self-employment? If you received a 1099-MISC for your self-employed income

Type 1099-misc in the Search box and then select the Jump to link. This will take you directly to the section where you can enter your 1099-MISC. You’ll also be able to enter any cash, personal checks, credit card payments, or cryptocurrency (Form 1099-K) related to your self-employment.

If your self-employment income was only from cash, personal checks, credit card payments, or cryptocurrency 

Type Schedule C in the Search box and then select the Jump to link. This will take you to where you can enter any cash, personal checks, credit card payments, or cryptocurrency (Form 1099-K) related to your self-employment. You may first be asked some general questions about your business. After you answer them, you’ll be taken to the Let's get income for (your line of work) screen where you can enter this income as Additional Income.

Related Information:

·        What's the difference between self-employment income and other income?

·        Where do I enter a 1099-MISC?

·        Why am I paying self-employment tax?

·        How is cryptocurrency like Bitcoin taxed?

I really need help.!  I was able to talk to someone last night and when I told them that the IRS said they have not gotten my return and the woman looked up my information at TurboTax she said that she could not find my information for this years return even though I have a printed copy of my return in hand.  She said I would have to wait until today to talk to someone when I could log into my account so they could see what I am seeing when I log in.  Now I cannot get a person on the phone. The automated system keeps hanging up on me and refuses to let me speak to a live person.  I am so frustrated at this point I don't know what to do.  Can someone please please help me?

1. Go To: https://turbotax.intuit.com/
  2. Scroll down to "Help and Support" and click on "Contact Us"

3. Pick your product; e.g.:  "CD/Download Windows" and Edition e.g.: "Premier"
  4. Type in what you need help with
  5. Press the "Continue" button
  6. At next screen enter your personal information
  7. Click on "Get the phone number"

A phone number to call an agent and a support ID will be provided

Note that if you agree, the person at that phone number can see your screen - which I found VERY helpful. Let them know if you are on a computer or phone screen. At first my agent could not understand why he could not see my screen, then realized I was working on computer NOT my phone... sent a code to accept and we could work together better.

WKins2
Expert Alumni

TurrboTax has a great FAQ to help you determine what customer service number you should call based on what version of TurboTax you have and what kind of help you need. Click here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Nini2
Returning Member

I need help with my turbo tax

where do I input the info on the 1099 forms I filed for temp helpers?

lions1986
Returning Member

I found out the other day, which eventually turned into evening than night, that it is impossible to talk to a live person at turbo tax. I tried for hours. And when I got a support ID from chat and called and the automatic system verified my information, it kept telling me I don’t get free support because I am using the free version of turbo tax.  Well that is wrong. I paid for turbo tax.  Such a scam.  Between the costs of the original deluxe software and getting charged for multiple state returns and state efiles it was anything but free.  And turbo tax did not send my New Jersey return with my Delaware efile which held up my Delaware refund.  I had to email Delaware my New Jersey return.  I want my efile payment refunded by turbo tax foe Delaware efile.   I found after trying to get a live body and couldn’t I will not be using turbo tax ever again 

need info on stimuless payment

viclj525

Started 2019 tax form, your system--not I--checked boxes for "statutory employee,' "Retirement Plan" and "Third Party Sick Pay"  --- none of which apply.  Could not correct that myself.  Help, please advise how to fix that.  

Vickie L. Jones

@viclj525 wrote:

Started 2019 tax form, your system--not I--checked boxes for "statutory employee,' "Retirement Plan" and "Third Party Sick Pay"  --- none of which apply.  Could not correct that myself.  Help, please advise how to fix that.  

Vickie L. Jones

Delete the W-2 and re-enter manually, do Not import the W-2.

Enter w-2 in the Search box located in the upper right of the online program screen.  Click on Jump to w-2

joanmor1
Returning Member

Have a technical glitch in updating my Turbo Tax Home and Business for 2019 product that prevents me from entering information in the Retirement income section.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

You can see if you can update your software by doing the following: 

1. Select the Online menu at the top
  2. Then select Check for Updates.

If this still does not update the program, click the Help button on the top menu bar.

1. Then select TurboTax Help Center.
  2. A popup window will pop up and allow you to type in a search or ask for help.
  3. Once you type in your information here, you will also be prompted to have someone call you if needed on the next screen.  You will need to enter your information in this section.

This will allow you to get product support to ensure your software has been updated to the latest version.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies