turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

m3rcycs

What is the option the I need , last year I was employee, I get unemployment and I start the business on august . I don't sell to much

my incoming is mix ; employee, unemployed , star business in august (register) but I sell in December no too much

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Melaine

What is the option the I need , last year I was employee, I get unemployment and I start the business on august . I don't sell to much

You are using the correct product, TurboTax Self employed.  With this product, you will be able to enter each of your income.  Under Wages and Income, after logging in, you will see the different income you can enter.  The first income you will see to enter is the W-2, once finished you can go back to Wages and Income to enter your 1099 G (unemployment) a screenshot is below on where to find that in TurboTax.  Then, you can enter your business income and expenses.  You will be able to deduct these expenses on schedule C, where income was entered.  TurboTax will guide you step by step through the process. 

• Type in business expenses in the search box in the right hand corner of your screen
  • Click jump to business expenses.

If not sure how to put in business income you can do the same;

*  Go to search box, type in business income or schedule C

*  Click jump to business income or schedule C.

Once you begin the process in TurboTax for self employed, it will guide you through the process.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Melaine

You are using the correct product, TurboTax Self employed.  With this product, you will be able to enter each of your income.  Under Wages and Income, after logging in, you will see the different income you can enter.  The first income you will see to enter is the W-2, once finished you can go back to Wages and Income to enter your 1099 G (unemployment) a screenshot is below on where to find that in TurboTax.  Then, you can enter your business income and expenses.  You will be able to deduct these expenses on schedule C, where income was entered.  TurboTax will guide you step by step through the process. 

• Type in business expenses in the search box in the right hand corner of your screen
  • Click jump to business expenses.

If not sure how to put in business income you can do the same;

*  Go to search box, type in business income or schedule C

*  Click jump to business income or schedule C.

Once you begin the process in TurboTax for self employed, it will guide you through the process.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies