Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

btighe1

MAC Downloaded 2016 black paper shows up on screen. When opened it is just code. What do I do to get the program?

After downloading 2016 unable to open it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

MAC Downloaded 2016 black paper shows up on screen. When opened it is just code. What do I do to get the program?

Solved in above comments by downloading a fresh copy of the program installation file.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Carl
Level 15

I see you're on a MAC. Did you maybe download the windows version? It has an .exe extension and will not run or install on a MAC.
btighe1

Thanks for your quick response. I downloaded the MAC version and that's what it says on the receipt.

What is the name of the file you downloaded?    Did you try to install the downloaded file using these steps:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901272-how-do-i-install-the-turbotax-software-for-mac">https://tt...>
btighe1

The name was TurboTax Deluxe 2016 Download for Mac. The file just came up with codes on it. I do not have a CD Drive on the new Mac.

That's the name of the program, but I was asking for the file name.  Have you tried downloading the file more than once in case the first download was corrupted, and installing using the method in the FAQ above; i.e., double-clicking the *.dmg file to launch a popup virtual drive?     Is it when you double-click the *.dmg file that you get only code?
btighe1

Thank you. I went back and downloaded the file again and it worked.

Good deal.  I'm glad that worked.  The first one must have been corrupted.  Good luck.

Solved in above comments by downloading a fresh copy of the program installation file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies