The Refund Processing Service (also called pay-with-your-refund) gives you the option to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal tax refund. It comes in handy if you don't have a credit or debit card to pay your TurboTax fees. Refund Processing won't slow down nor speed up your refund.
The instructions below will assist you in removing this fee if you would like to use your debit card or credit card to pay your TurboTax fees instead of your refund.
- Make sure you are logged into your account and open your return by selecting Take me to my return.
- Select File in the left-hand menu and proceed to the Just one more step screen.
- On this screen, select the first Revisit link (next to You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund).
- Select View Payment Options on the next screen, and then select Pay with credit card on the screen after that.
- Complete payment by entering your credit or debit card information.
- Continue to the Just one more step screen to make sure the Refund Processing Service has been removed. Step 1 should now show that you paid with your credit or debit card.