Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!

What is code 9001, and why do I not have these "Bars" I am hearing about?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

There must be additional information or review that needs to be done to your return. Sometimes during processing, the IRS needs to do further investigation in order to approve a refund. For some taxpayers, the identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS in recent years may account for longer wait times.

Other things that can delay your refund include but are not limited to:

Although 90% of people receive their refunds within 21 days of being accepted, about 10% or 15 million people will get their refund after 21 days. Sometimes simple errors or oversights can lead to a delay of your refund. Sometimes early filers experience delays in refund funding due to late changes in the tax code or procedures. TurboTax does not have access to why specific refunds may be delayed due to keeping your privacy and information safe.

Continue to Use https://www.irs.gov/Refunds to monitor the status of your refund.

If no further information is available using the Where's My Refund? tool, your next option is to call the IRS directly at 800-829-1040. You should only call this number if it has been 21 days or more since you filed electronically, more than 6 weeks since you filed by paper, or if The Where's My Refund Tool? directs you to contact them.