What if my wife lives in another country but she those have a ssn

My wife lives in another country but ahí those have a ssn what can I do

what is your status in the US? Does your wife have a green card? When was she in the US?

If your wife is a Resident Alien, meets the Green Card Test, and has a Social Security Number you may elect the status of Married Filing Joint. If you elect to file Married Filing Joint you must include her income from abroad on this return as well. This situation would be most ideal if your wife has Zero -0- Income.

You may also  Treat your spouse as a nonresident alien for tax purposes. If you choose this option, you cannot file a joint tax return. You must file with a status of "married filing separately." You may still be able to claim an exemption for your spouse, but only if that spouse has no income from U.S. sources and cannot be claimed as a dependent on anyone else's tax return.

"You may also  Treat your spouse as a nonresident alien for tax purposes" is misleading as that is not a choice that can be made.