What if my spouse received a 1099 misc form from work she did from a company she works for?In review turbo tax asks for info to fill out form c.

ptrujillo63

Hal_Al

The IRS considers anything in box 7 of 1099-MISC to be self employment income.  TurboTax (TT) will complete Schedule C or C-EZ for you and allow you to deduct any expenses associated with this income. You'll also have to pay self employment tax (social security & Medicare) on any profits greater than $400. These types of payments are frequently done this way. Your "employer" is not the only one.

The IRS also considers undocumented cash income (no W-2 or 1099-MISC), for work performed, to be self employment income.