What if Im self employed, missed the April 15th 2019 deadline to file for 2018 and didn't file for an extension?

I missed the April 15th 2019 deadline to file for 2018. I am self-employed and currently in the process of filing with TurboTax. It shows I'm still getting a tax refund for 2018 but I still have to pay taxes which "reflects" on my federal tax return. What does that mean?

Since it's past the deadline, I didn't file for an extension and I owe taxes, what should I expect? What should I do next?

Anonymous
Not applicable

check federal and state . you can not both owe and be due a refund for either. - owe for one refund for other is possible

[]

"reflects" See Merriam-Webster.com, meaning 3c :  to have a bearing or influence

There is no penalty for filing your federal return late if you are due a refund.  See this for more details:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/irs-tax-return/filing-your-taxes-late/L7IhvwH9b

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**