What if I got divorced on 2020 and my ex put me as...

lizv88

What if I got divorced on 2020 and my ex put me as a dependent on the 2019 taxes but theres no way I can get the AGI number from her?

What should I do next? Specially if that's the only reason it got rejected.
MichelleLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

You can request a free transcript of your 2019 tax return to get your AGI. Please see How do I find last year’s AGI? for more information. 

If you were still married in 2019 your spouse could not claim you as a dependent.  A spouse is never a dependent.  Did your ex file a Joint return for 2019?  You need to get a copy of the 2019 return.  If it was a Joint return they have to give you a copy.  You might have to ask your lawyer to get it from her if you can't get a copy from the IRS.