Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What if i can't pay when I file, and it can't be taken out of my federal because I owe?

What if I can't pay the Turbotax fee when I file,because I owe the federal and I can't get it deducted from their?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Lakeisha

What if i can't pay when I file, and it can't be taken out of my federal because I owe?

If you are unable to pay the Turbo Tax Fees then you wont be able to File.

Please information below regarding contacting the Irs on setting up a payment arrangement.

If you're unable to pay off your federal taxes due to a serious illness, natural disaster, and other hardship, call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or visit your local IRS office as soon as you can to explain your situation.

The IRS will work with you to come up with a solution.

For outstanding state taxes, contact your state tax agency to explore alternative payment options.

Whatever you do, don't ignore the problem, hoping it'll go away. It won't. The sooner you address it, the easier it will be to resolve.

Hopefully this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lakeisha

If you are unable to pay the Turbo Tax Fees then you wont be able to File.

Please information below regarding contacting the Irs on setting up a payment arrangement.

If you're unable to pay off your federal taxes due to a serious illness, natural disaster, and other hardship, call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or visit your local IRS office as soon as you can to explain your situation.

The IRS will work with you to come up with a solution.

For outstanding state taxes, contact your state tax agency to explore alternative payment options.

Whatever you do, don't ignore the problem, hoping it'll go away. It won't. The sooner you address it, the easier it will be to resolve.

Hopefully this helps!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies