Mytaxreturn

What health coverage exemption to claim for someone who came to US in mid 2017 as a US resident?

My wife came to US for the first time in June 2017 with immigrant visa through my petition. She has health insurance from Jun to Dec. For joint tax filing, how do I claim her health coverage exemption for Jan-May when she wasn't here and so had no insurance?

In the Health Insurance section you would select - I'll pick who had it and which months.  Then select the months of coverage for both of you individually.  Then just indicate that she was a resident of a foreign country in the exception section of Health Insurance.  After that enter the months she was a resident of the foreign country.

Mytaxreturn

Thanks.