• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tadpohl7

What does this mean? Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets.

Your transmission didn't go through
We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets.
62 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

What does this mean? Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets.

The error you are receiving is being caused by at least one of your forms not being available to e-file at this time. The IRS began fully processing tax returns for 2020, today (Feb 12, 2021). The issue may be resolved for you if those forms are now available. If you are still experiencing this issue, there are some suggested work arounds mentioned here for assistance. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DoninGA
Level 15

@KatrinaLO That link takes the user to an Access Denied web page

crazycappy
Level 1

That link takes me to a page that says "Access Denied" after I tried to register to the community. 

kareno67

same, that url takes me access denied

reginaannbell

Instead of posting the link could you post the information, please? 

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

Yes.  It means that one or more forms aren't available to e-file yet.  The IRS is still finalizing some tax forms needed for electronic filing. For the meantime, click Federal Review (upper right hand of the screen).to verify which form/s needed on your income tax return or to check for errors.

The IRS will be accepting electronic filing by February 12, 2021.

See, federal forms availability, link.

zwarcola

So if we're receiving this message then it should go through tomorrow 2/12/2021?

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

Yes. It means that one or more forms aren't available to e-file yet.  The IRS is still finalizing some tax forms needed for electronic filing. For the meantime, click Federal Review (upper right hand of the screen).to verify which form/s needed on you income tax return or to check for errors.

The IRS will be accepting electronic filing by February 12, 2021.

See, federal forms availability, link.

bsloan02
Level 1

"Your transmission didn't go through
We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets."

It is 2/12/2021 at 7:45am. I am still getting this message. Can anyone help me to understand why? 
mfenwayh

11:24 am est 2/12  getting same message

simple 1040 

masonmhickman

I am also getting this error message for no reason. I double-checked everything and it's 2/12 at 12:30pm. 

Have we figured out the issue? 

iespinoza90
Level 1

Same 9:30 am PST 

"Your transmission didnt go through.  We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets. "

another forum said to clear all cache and cookies off broswe, tired didnt work
another said try another browser, did not work
another said delete your state taxes and redo them, I stupidly did, now its asking me to pay again. so Im currently on hold with turbo tax. Ill update when Im able to resolve this.

iespinoza90
Level 1

UPDATE!!! on above comment^^

so like i said i deleted my state taxes and re did them, then it asked me to pay again (i already had paid $40 dollars and it asked me to pay another $40) i didnt want to so i called to get an explination for having to pay again. guy on the phone said that i paid $40 for my federal, now i had to pay $40 for my state, I didnt understand why if originally it only made me pay $40. well I gave in and paid the $40 again. and it worked i was able to submit. so I think one of two things happened, either there was a glitch in the system and it never prompted me to pay the total $80 from the beggining. or there was something wrong with my state taxes and by deleting and resubmitting it fixed my issue. all in all paying another $40 for avoiding a headache wasnt a big deal. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU ALL!!

bgaskin21
Level 1

I keep getting this message too and nothing is working from what they say to fix. I've been on hold waiting to talk to someone for 1hour and 30minutes. Has anyone talked to anybody from turbotax yet?

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v