darki34

What does I paid excess social security taxes mean the app is asking me to pay 120 dollars for an upgrade for the app I already have ?

If you had two or more employers and the total Social Security taxes withheld was greater than $8,240 the excess SS taxes are entered on your tax return as a tax payment.

Your post shows you are using the TurboTax Live Basic online edition which does not support entry of the excess SS taxes.  You would need to upgrade to the Live Deluxe online edition.

The Live editions include support from a Tax Expert such as a CPA so you are going to pay a premium for using the Live editions.

If you do not want the Live edition with CPA support, you will have to clear your return and start over with just the TurboTax Deluxe online edition.

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over with a lower priced edition. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2019 online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

There are 2 different situations when it will say Employer may have paid too much Social Security. It's saying either 1 employer took out too much SS -OR- that you paid too much SS because you had more than 1 employer. 

Do you have more than 1 employer?  What is in W2 boxes 3 & 4 ?  There has been a problem with rounding.   Box 4 should be 6.2% of box 3 up to a max of $8,239.80. So take the amount in box 3 and multiply it by .062. If box 4 is more than that you need to get a corrected W2 from your employer. But also go back and double check your W2 entries, you may have entered box 3 & 4 wrong. A lot of people who have asked this found they did enter an amount wrong.

A sure way to fix this is to delete the W2 and re-enter it. That may clear something out. Or post back with the amounts in boxes 3 & 4.  And try leaving the cents off of box 4.