sillaforrilla1

What do I do if I didn’t type in 1095-A

DawnC

What do I do if I didn’t type in 1095-A

If you do not have a 1095-A, you don't need to do anything.  If you do have a 1095-A and you did not enter it and already submitted your return, your return will be rejected.  Once rejected, you can go back into your return and add it, then resubmit your tax return.  If you have not submitted yet and need to add a 1095-A, you can still do so.  To enter your 1095-A, type aca in the search bar, hit enter, and use the Jump to aca link to be taken to the 1095-A entry screen.  Make sure you are already signed in and working on your return or the search function won't work properly.  

sillaforrilla1

What do I do if I didn’t type in 1095-A

Are you sure it will be rejected? Right now it’s saying it’s been transmitted to the IRS. 

sillaforrilla1

What do I do if I didn’t type in 1095-A

And it’s saying it’s pending. Is there any way you can stop it from sending so I can fix this? 

WKins2

What do I do if I didn’t type in 1095-A

Unfortunately you will need to wait to see if it has been rejected or accepted in order to add the 1095-A information that is missing. Your return will go from pending to either accepted or rejected, you can check the status here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/how-do-i-check-my-e-file-status/00/25538

If it has been rejected you will be able to log back into your account, add the missing 1095-A information and correct any errors that caused the rejection, and then re-file the return.

If the return has been accepted, you will need to file an amended return using form 1040X to report the 1095-A information. The 1040X will be available mid-February, you can keep checking here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

sillaforrilla1

What do I do if I didn’t type in 1095-A

Can I have the IRS fax number for Florida to send form 1095-A with form 8962?

BillM223

What do I do if I didn’t type in 1095-A

We do not have that IRS tax number, but if you received a letter from the IRS about your missing 8962, then if a reply by fax is allowed, the fax number will be in the letter.

Alternatively, you can try calling the 800 number for the IRS (800-829-1040) or use this locator to find the nearest local IRS Service Center.

Note, the IRS probably does not need your 1095-A (they already have a copy); just send them the 8962 or whatever the letter asks for.