turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jekalbg

How can I confirm my ach tax payment was initiated with my e-filing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Annnd..it cannot be initiated until the Federal ..or state tax agency involved have "accepted" your tax file (either or both) .

Transmitting your file is not enough, nor is "received by"....it has to be "accepted".  Double-Check here:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

IF it has been accepted, save a new copy of your tax file as a PDF , and look at the appropriate "Electronic Filing Instructions...." sheet.  The Debit information account #, routing number, and dates are on those sheets.  Check those numbers ...If those sheets don't show that a debit has been entered, then they won't happen and you have to pay separately...Examples shown below:

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Annnd..it cannot be initiated until the Federal ..or state tax agency involved have "accepted" your tax file (either or both) .

Transmitting your file is not enough, nor is "received by"....it has to be "accepted".  Double-Check here:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

IF it has been accepted, save a new copy of your tax file as a PDF , and look at the appropriate "Electronic Filing Instructions...." sheet.  The Debit information account #, routing number, and dates are on those sheets.  Check those numbers ...If those sheets don't show that a debit has been entered, then they won't happen and you have to pay separately...Examples shown below:

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Anonymous
Not applicable

what date did you select.  maybe go online to bank - some will show pending transactions

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies