turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What amount should I have withheld from my income if I need to claim 1 for 2 jobs? 2021 form is different and wants a dollar amount

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What amount should I have withheld from my income if I need to claim 1 for 2 jobs? 2021 form is different and wants a dollar amount

You can estimate how much income you will have in 2021.

If you’re single and have multiple jobs or you’re married, filing jointly and both work, remember these things:

• You typically have to have a W-4 on file for each job.

• For the highest paying job’s W-4, fill out steps 2 to 4(b) of the W-4. Leave those steps blank on the W-4s for the other jobs.

• If you’re married and filing jointly, and you both earn about the same amount, you can check a checkbox indicating as much. The trick: Both spouses need to do that on each of their W-4s.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can estimate how much income you will have in 2021.

If you’re single and have multiple jobs or you’re married, filing jointly and both work, remember these things:

• You typically have to have a W-4 on file for each job.

• For the highest paying job’s W-4, fill out steps 2 to 4(b) of the W-4. Leave those steps blank on the W-4s for the other jobs.

• If you’re married and filing jointly, and you both earn about the same amount, you can check a checkbox indicating as much. The trick: Both spouses need to do that on each of their W-4s.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies