turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What -- After saying it was free, TurboTax sent me an email saying I had been charged $29.99 for the state with zero explanation -- how dishonest can they be?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EdwardLO

What -- After saying it was free, TurboTax sent me an email saying I had been charged $29.99 for the state with zero explanation -- how dishonest can they be?

TurboTax would never charge you anything without confirming your acceptance first. It looks like you're currently using the free edition-did you see that charge reflected on your bank account?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
EdwardLO

TurboTax would never charge you anything without confirming your acceptance first. It looks like you're currently using the free edition-did you see that charge reflected on your bank account?

Thanks.  It was Apple's idiotic mail software.  I realized my mistake almost immediately (it was an email from a former year attached to the current year since they both had the same subject line) but I could not figure out how to delete my question.  Thanks again.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies