turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is it charging me for filing my state taxes when i upgraded to deluxe only to do my HSA? i wasnt needing to upgrade that.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JoyR

Why is it charging me for filing my state taxes when i upgraded to deluxe only to do my HSA? i wasnt needing to upgrade that.

We offer free state preparation with TurboTax Federal Free Edition and TurboTax Freedom Edition. In our upgraded versions, there is an additional $36.99 per state for preparation. Our TurboTax Federal Free Edition is for very simple taxes. If you are in a version of TurboTax that does not support your current tax situation, you will be prompted to upgrade.

If you feel as though you have been upgraded by mistake, you will have to use the Clear & Start Over feature.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4248526

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JoyR

We offer free state preparation with TurboTax Federal Free Edition and TurboTax Freedom Edition. In our upgraded versions, there is an additional $36.99 per state for preparation. Our TurboTax Federal Free Edition is for very simple taxes. If you are in a version of TurboTax that does not support your current tax situation, you will be prompted to upgrade.

If you feel as though you have been upgraded by mistake, you will have to use the Clear & Start Over feature.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4248526

I feel that I was deceived with this false offer of one time/one state free offer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies