turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ssrrolls

We have a husband a wife sole proptietorship. We paid all Federal Taxes quarterly on my husbands SSN. Did we do that wrong???

Should we have split the estimated income and both of us file an estimated tax quarterly? I was told that we didn't both have to file estimated taxes, but now I am not so sure. What do I do now for filing end of year taxes?? :(

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW
Expert Alumni

We have a husband a wife sole proptietorship. We paid all Federal Taxes quarterly on my husbands SSN. Did we do that wrong???

No.  You have done the right thing by paying the estimated payment under his social security number either as a sole proprietor or qualified joint venture.  Since you are filing a joint return, the estimated tax would be combined which means those payments could be filed under either social security number without any issue.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DianeW
Expert Alumni

No.  You have done the right thing by paying the estimated payment under his social security number either as a sole proprietor or qualified joint venture.  Since you are filing a joint return, the estimated tax would be combined which means those payments could be filed under either social security number without any issue.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies