Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dlflpf

We had a one time extra income event in 2017 and it caused our 2018 quarterly estimates to increase by $1,408.00. Can this be reduced?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

We had a one time extra income event in 2017 and it caused our 2018 quarterly estimates to increase by $1,408.00. Can this be reduced?

Yes, as you go through the estimated tax interview under Other Tax Situations, you will be asked to enter the expected 2018 income and that will be used as the basis for your vouchers

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anita01

Yes, as you go through the estimated tax interview under Other Tax Situations, you will be asked to enter the expected 2018 income and that will be used as the basis for your vouchers

dlflpf

Answer did not help. Since I have completed my taxes, am I able to reprint the 4 ES vouchers to reduce the amount since our 2018 income will be much less than 2017?
dlflpf

I am signing off and will watch for your response.
Anita01

Here are the instructions for printing your vouchers.  I do, however, highly recommend you go back through the interview to make changes in your inputs that will result in new voucher amounts when you print them.  These estimated payment amounts, while not being filed anywhere in the current year, do carry over to the next year's file, so , if you use the program to change the amounts, you won't have to worry about incorrect amounts carrying over to next year.  If you just print the existing vouchers and manually make changes to them, while fine fine with the IRS,  it would then require that you remember to change amounts in the program before preparing your 201 taxes.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301458">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301458</a>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies