turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MY 1099-MISC HAS 2019 IN THE TOP BOX, SO IS THIS FORM FOR FILING NEXT YEAR ? SHOULDN'T IT HAVE 2018 IF IT WAS TO BE FILED THIS YEAR ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

MY 1099-MISC HAS 2019 IN THE TOP BOX, SO IS THIS FORM FOR FILING NEXT YEAR ? SHOULDN'T IT HAVE 2018 IF IT WAS TO BE FILED THIS YEAR ?

You are correct, the amount the company paid you in 2018 should definitely be on a 2018 Form 1099-MISC, not a 2019 form.

I would recommend that you contact the company regarding this form, they may have used a form for the wrong year and didn't even realize it.  They will need to issue you a 2018 1099-MISC and send in a corrected 2019 Form 1099-MISC.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Was this for income you received in 2019?

NO.  I HAVE ONLY WORKED FOR THE COMPANY FOR A MONTH PRIOR TO 2019.  WHAT WAS THROWING MY OFF WAS MY OTHER TAX FORMS SAY 2018 ON THEM.
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Is it possible they paid you in January of 2019 for work done in December of 2018?

THEY PAYED ME IN 2019 BUT IT WAS NOT THE AMOUNT ON THE FORM.  THE AMOUNT ON THE FORM IS WHAT THEY PAID ME IN DECEMBER WHEN I STARTED WITH THEM.  
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

You are correct, the amount the company paid you in 2018 should definitely be on a 2018 Form 1099-MISC, not a 2019 form.

I would recommend that you contact the company regarding this form, they may have used a form for the wrong year and didn't even realize it.  They will need to issue you a 2018 1099-MISC and send in a corrected 2019 Form 1099-MISC.

THANK YOU!!! YOU WHERE VERY HELPFUL
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

You're welcome, glad I could help!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies