turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Want to cancel filing my taxes

Would like to cancel my tax filing 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies

Did you e-file yet?  If not, just abandon the account and do whatever you plan to do with your 2019 tax documents.  If you did e-file it is too late to cancel it--it is just like putting an envelope in a U.S. mailbox.  You cannot get it back.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not finish my 2019 taxes and did not e-file. Please cancel my request for 2019. 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

You can clear the data in TurboTax for 2019 by using our clear and start over feature in TurboTax Online as long has you haven't submitted payment, deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund, or registered, please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-clear-and-start-over-in-turbotax-onli...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Chi_18

I would like to cancel my 2019 taxes

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@Chi_18 If you don't want to complete your tax return in TurboTax Online, you can clear any data you have entered into the program as long as you haven't paid your TurboTax Online fee (or registered a cost-free version).
Please see the TurboTax FAQ Can I delete my tax return in TurboTax Online? for more information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
valor2016

What if payment went thru? How do I cancel that?

@valor2016 You have added a vague question to a thread full of posts from other people.  What payment are you asking about?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
valor2016

My file says thank u for your purchase but I haven’t completed filing. I found somebody to do it for free, not $110, so I’m wondering how I can get the $110 back

Contact customer support to help you sort out what you have done and whether your payment went through.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time 

Sorry they don't give refunds for the online version since you don't have to pay until you file.  And by paying you can print out the whole return.

I want to cancel my filing and all of my info. I do not like your results.

If you didn't file you can erase you data and not to file. If you did file, you cannot cancel it. 

Dear Turbotax,

I received emails from Turbotax, stating that my federal and state filings (submitted early this morning) had been rejected. I understand why. I do appreciate the assistance from Turbotax, and I did gladly pay the fee of 110.00. I do not wish to contest the fee whatsoever. However, I have decided to file my taxes on my own. Therefore, please cancel my filings with Turbotax for this year. Thank you, once again, for your help.

Sincerely,

Timothy P Grandy (social security #[removed])

If it rejected then it wasn't filed and won't be filed unless you send it again.  You can just leave and abandon it.  If you already paid the fees or registered you can't delete or clear it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies