Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

topreka

Hi, my name [removed] I have all my w2s except 1 and I am just going by my last pay stub is that possible to do here?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi, my name [removed] I have all my w2s except 1 and I am just going by my last pay stub is that possible to do here?

WAIT for all of your W-2's.  Do not use a pay stub.  It will not match your W-2.  If you e-file before you have it all just to file a couple of days earlier--since employers issue W-2's by January 31-- you might end up having to amend an incorrect tax return.  It takes about 4 months for the IRS to process an amended return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

2 Replies

WAIT for all of your W-2's.  Do not use a pay stub.  It will not match your W-2.  If you e-file before you have it all just to file a couple of days earlier--since employers issue W-2's by January 31-- you might end up having to amend an incorrect tax return.  It takes about 4 months for the IRS to process an amended return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank you so much. I haven't completed it yet I was at the end before I thought about it. Thanks.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies