turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Dmoore53
Returning Member

W4 - Married Filing Jointly but 1 working, 1 on SS Disability

My husband and I have always received money back on tax returns, but now that he is on SS Disabilty (so we no longer have multiple deductions for his previous job as a truck driver) and I still work I'm worried how our taxes will be.  We own our home, but have no other deductions.  Besides having taxes withheld from his SS in addition to mine, is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
OmM1
Employee Finance Expert

W4 - Married Filing Jointly but 1 working, 1 on SS Disability

Hello Dmoore53,

Thank you for reaching out with your tax question.

It appears that you do not have any dependents, so your taxes should be relatively simple and there should not be much change much in 2022 tax law for your compared to 2021.

Considering above, In addition to filling out your W4 correctly and requesting withholding from Social Security disability benefits, you may want to use our 2021 Tax Caster tool, - https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/calculators/taxcaster/ with your estimated 2022 numbers to get a good approximation of your tax situation.

Hope this helps.

Alternatively, you can get back into tax return and prepare the 2022 estimated taxes. To do this from your Turbo Tax online account home page, click on add a state button (will get you access to your 2021 tax return) ; once you are in tax return, please select Federal Taxes and choose other tax situation. Once you are in Other Tax Situations, please select Other Tax Forms and then choose Form W-4 and estimated taxes. After selecting Form w-4 and estimated taxes – click No to Adjust How Much Tax You Pay and then choose Prepare Now in answer to your  Estimated Taxes for 2022.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies