turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BHS
Returning Member

Vanguard 2018 1099's not downloading

Says "Oops".  What does Oops mean?  It said it logged me out even though I typed in Vanguard user name and PW correctly.  Vanguard has forms available on-line, so why does TT not download them.  What date will they be able to download?  I need to do this electronically due to many sales/purchases of mutual funds.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I figured out that the Turbo Tax icon for Vanguard tries to sign you in to Vanguard Mutual Funds.  If you have a Vanguard Brokerage account or if your Vanguard Mutual Fund account was converted to a Vanguard Brokerage account like my was last year then you have to type in Vanguard on the search for field instead of selecting the icon and you will see two drop down items display, Vanguard Mutual Funds and Vanguard Brokerage.  Select the Vanguard Brokerage and enter your id and password for Vanguard and then your imports will work.  If you contact Vanguard they do not know why this does not work.  If you contact Intuit, they do not seem to know the answer either.  I hope this helps. 

BHS
Returning Member

Thanks Mark -- It wasn't clicking on the icon that worked.  I have a MacBook laptop, and was told by TT people to try another wired computer.  I went to my Mac desktop wired directly to the router and was able to download successfully, then I went back to my laptop to finish.

Another note though, for some reason TT added an additional page for 1099 Div, and added two line items that matched exactly what was already there on Schedule D for Dividend income.  I've asked on another forum note, and over the phone why Turbo Tax would not catch a duplicate entry.  They say they go through and look for errors.  This would have been a simple error to catch and they didn't, so looks like I will have to do a 1040X.  That too, is a problem.  The IRS has released it and TT said it should be ready on February 8, but still not available.

TurboTax used to be more user friendly and even had a menu on the left where you could see a preview of your return as you completed it.  Had they still had that option, I would have caught the double counted 1099 Div income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies