turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vaibhav-kumtheka
Returning Member

Use download license code for online

I haveTURBOTAX PREMIER TAX YEAR 2019 MAC DOWNLOAD WITH STATE download license code. I wanted to see if I can use that code or another code to file online instead of downloading and reentering all information all over again?

Thanks,

Vaibhav 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

You can always e-file with the download version of TurboTax. I have provided the link below on how to switch from TurboTax CD/Download to TurboTax Online:

How do I switch from TurboTax CD/Download to TurboTax Online

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
sposton

I purchased turbo tax premier today. I downloaded it and ran the installation. It is requiring a 16 digit license key. I have found several references to this and how to fix it in your help section, unfortunately. the links that answer this dilemma were removed from your turbotax help pages. I have to get this done today! How am I supposed to do that without a license key? I checked all the files in the installation folder and even the one that says "License" does not contact a key.  I have spent 3 hours and $120.00 and am unable to do anything with the software.  Your prompt assistance is greatly appreciated.

Susan [removed]

[email address removed]

(IF..if you bought the software directly from TurboTax, and not a third party)  If you log back into your download account, the license code is right there at the shaded area where you start the download process.   You can write it down from there

We have no idea which Help pages you looked at before .......this is the one that should normally be referenced:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-can-t-find-my-license-code/01/852973

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I have installed 2020 Turbo tax software but when I try to use it, it requires the 16 character key code.  It is not there.  I paid $70 with Amer X credit card to purchase.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@nancyfowler252 Please see the TurboTax FAQ I can’t find my license code for assistance with locating the code. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies