turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Updates

2 weeks after your posting TurboTax still has not removed the more details link. Does TurboTax have any programmers working for them?? All the users complaining about this know that there really isn't a real TurboTax support team just volunteers who sometimes give inaccurate information. 

Updates

I have used Turbotax literally forever..., but I will do my best next year to make this my last year.

Updates

Me either, I can't get the state download to work at all.  It says it's updated, but does nothing but try to download again.  I even remove TT, rebooted (because it's Windows, always reboot for everything), then reinstalled from CD again.  Same, state download does nothing.  If you skip to the review step it even says you didn't even do a state return, so it knows the state product isn't there.  I've used TT for years and I'm furious right now.

Updates

Calling support so far has been a waste of time, machine sends a link with standard vanilla install instructions, sat on hold forever, gave up.  Went through this cycle twice.  TT has no support, no humans work there anymore.  I'll be using something else next year.  Maybe this even this year if I can't ever get state to work, may have to just eat cost of TT and use something else.

Updates

Try calling on Sunday morning ... the call volume is traditionally low.

Updates

Took Critters advise, called Sunday morning (not my first choice how to spend the morning, but such is life).  Spent some time waiting, finally broke through the phone system firewall and got to a live human being.  Did all the standard Windows stuff, remove firewalls, uninstall, reinstall, etc. with no change in behavior (state download not downloading anything).  Finally she posted a full state download on my account for stand-alone install and that worked. 

So, +100 points for support lady, she rocks.  But -500 points to Intuit for letting the product out the door with this problem.

ccs
Level 2

Updates

Level 15 has responded with their canned answer.  How to we get to Level 1 for a better response?

Updates

@ccs wrote:

Level 15 has responded with their canned answer.  How to we get to Level 1 for a better response?

What kind of answer do you want?

TurboTax has made the decision to not provide the Release Notes for tax year 2019.  

TurboTax will, at some time during the 2019 tax season, remove the More details link in the Updater window.

You want them to move faster or need a confirmation, then contact TurboTax support directly and speak with an agent.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

ccs
Level 2

Updates

Excuse the prior response.  Guess I don't understand one more thing, how to they determine to which Level our questions/responses are assigned?  What does that mean anyway????   Perusing some articles, it looks like they get most of their business from QuickBooks.  Looks like TT falls to the bottom of their customer service list.

Updates

This is a public form where anyone can answer posts ... level 15 just means I have answered a lot of questions. 

Updates

Put me down as another user who is upset that Intuit is now hiding information on updates.  I have (almost every year) had to wait until a specific form was finally ready for use.  Now I am told I have to start the return, go all the way through, only to find TurboTax cannot complete the return....or, worse yet, to complete the return and then get an email later from TurboTax saying their program apparently was invalid when I told me I had a complete return, and now I will have to file a corrected return.  Is TurboTax's answer just to wait until April 15 to start????

Updates

Will TurboTax charge for filing a "Corrected Return"?

Updates

There is no extra fees to correct and resend a rejected return  and no fee to amend one either.

Aindreas

Updates

For those that do not read the release notes, either they do not care or they should probably be using the online versions.  Like some others, I DO read the release notes.  I have been using TT since 1997.  This will probably be my last year. 

Updates

@Aindreas wrote:

I have been using TT since 1997.  This will probably be my last year. 

Other than professional tax preparation software, there are only a couple of companies that produce installed versions of consumer-level tax software and they do not even have online support (i.e., any kind of community like the one in which you posted your message). In fact, all they seem to have is a FAQ, knowledge base, and/or blog; no way to ask a question (either tax or product related).

Further, I have yet to locate any actual release notes for competitors' products. Even a number of professional tax preparation packages do not contain release notes and the several that I was able to find that did were pretty generic and contained very little information (e.g., a couple of lines followed by "minor bug fixes").

The point is TurboTax is far and away the best consumer-level income tax preparation product available and also has user support that is far superior to any competitor's product, lack of release notes notwithstanding.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies