turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lmehuren

Telling me i can't efile due to statutory wages/Schedule C, but do not have those on my MA w-2s?

I'm trying to figure out why it's saying that I have statutory wages. First pop up says "MA requires statutory wages be reported on their Schedule C. Had you used federal Schedule C to reprot your statutory wages, they would have been transferred to MA Schedule C", and then the second pop up says "The total gross receipts from every MA Schedule C that reports Form W-2 statutory wages must equal or exceed those wages" and I have no clue what these things mean.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Telling me i can't efile due to statutory wages/Schedule C, but do not have those on my MA w-2s?

It sounds like you have erroneously checked 'statutory employee' in Box 13 when entering your W-2.  Go back to your W-2 that is receiving the errors, and check this entry.  Sign in to your account.  Click on 'Take Me to My Return'.  Go to:

• Federal Taxes >>
  • Wages & Income >>
  • Job (W-2) - Edit/Add

After clicking on Edit next to your W-2, scroll down until you get to Box 13, and make sure you have properly checked it or not.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

It sounds like you have erroneously checked 'statutory employee' in Box 13 when entering your W-2.  Go back to your W-2 that is receiving the errors, and check this entry.  Sign in to your account.  Click on 'Take Me to My Return'.  Go to:

• Federal Taxes >>
  • Wages & Income >>
  • Job (W-2) - Edit/Add

After clicking on Edit next to your W-2, scroll down until you get to Box 13, and make sure you have properly checked it or not.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies