turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cgraev01

"Unable to provide the status of your payment because we don't have enough information(we're working on this),or your not eligible for a payment." Can I correct this?

I am unable to see that status of my second stimulus payment. My first payment went through without issue. The status below keeps popping up. Is there anything I need to do to correct this?

"Payment Status Not Available."

"We are unable to provide the status of your payment right now because we don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or you're not eligible for a payment."
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

"Unable to provide the status of your payment because we don't have enough information(we're working on this),or your not eligible for a payment." Can I correct this?

I got the same message, but they do, infact, have the information, because they direct deposited my first payment. It even shows my account info under the status of the "1st Payment". It says "your first payment was deposited to bank account ******####". It actually shows the last four numbers. The ironic part is, that of all the people in my office, I'm the only one who has actually had Covid. 

cgraev01

Exactly! I don’t see how there is an issue now. The first one went through EASILY. Glad to know I am not the only one. I hope this can be revolved quickly. I wouldn’t even know who to reach out to get this checked. Ugh

cgraev01

@TurboTax

Unfortunately there is noone to reach out to. I tried my local IRS office and they had a recording that said they don't take incoming calls. Then I finally found a number specifically for EIP's (removed), but it is not helpful. It just directs you to the website and says "our operators do not have any info that is not on the website"?!? At the end of a long recording it says "stay on the line for more information". So far I have been "on the line" for 15 minutes and nothing...

cgraev01

Yeah I can only imagine how difficult it will be to get through. Probably impossible! Hopefully a solution arises. *crosses fingers*  

SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

@mebarton2 @craev01

It is true that the IRS phone agents (nor TurboTax agents) have any information about specific payments other than what you can find using the IRS Get My Payment tool.  Even if you do manage to reach someone at the IRS by phone, they will have absolutely no information for you.  The only source of information is the IRS website. 

Due to the very limited amount of time that the IRS has to process these payments, there is no way to update any information that they have on file.  However, many people seeing this message are actually in the group of taxpayers affected by an IRS processing error.  TurboTax is working with the IRS to ensure that their data is correct for a second attempt being made over the course of the next few days.  

Taxpayers whose deposits are not successful in this revised attempt will be mailed a check.  The IRS will continue to process payments to taxpayers until January 15, 2021.  

If you have not received your payment by January 15, 2021, AND your status remains "unavailable" (or similar) at Get My Payment, then you will claim your credit when you file your tax return.

Please allow a few days after the 15th for the mailing of any check or debit card issued by the IRS.

You will find the most current updates posted here: IRS Updates on the Second Stimulus and here: TurboTax updates on the second stimulus.  Both of these sites will continue to be updated as more information becomes available.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What I can't get over is the fact that my first stimulus check arrived without a hitch and NONE of my information has change (address, bank account) for 20+ years! I didn't have one of those temporary accounts that, they say, are causing the problems! As I said earlier, I have had the same bank account (the one on file with Turbo Tax) for over 20 years. So why should I be affected?? 

Also, as a follow up to my earlier post. I stayed on hold for 1 hour and 5 minutes, and when I finally got to speak to a real person, she just read a script which was, verbatim, what I had read on the website!😡 No matter what question I asked or evidence I provided, she just quoted the website. 

SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

The IRS has recently updated their guidance on payments not received for any reason.  

TurboTax has been working closely with the IRS to assist with a second-round attempt to process payments. The IRS updated their information on January 5th regarding payments that were not received by taxpayers and offers this guidance:

Below is a snippet from the IRS release.  You can read the full text here: IRS Statement About Second Economic Impact Payment

IRS updated Get My Payment (GMP) for individuals who are receiving the second Economic Impact Payment on January 5, 2021. If you checked GMP on or after January 5 then:

• If GMP reflects a direct deposit date and partial account information, then your payment is deposited there.
  • If GMP reflects a date your payment was mailed, it may take up to 3 – 4 weeks for you to receive the payment. Watch your mail carefully for a check or debit card. (See the FAQ for EIP Card)
  • If GMP shows "Payment Status #2 – Not Available," then you will not receive a second Economic Impact Payment and instead you need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 Tax Return.

Because of the speed at which the law required the IRS to issue the second round of Economic Impact Payments, some payments may have been sent to an account that may be closed or, is or no longer active, or unfamiliar. By law, the financial institution must return the payment to the IRS; they cannot hold and issue the payment to an individual when the account is no longer active. If Get My Payment shows "Payment Status #2 – Not Available" you will not receive a second EIP.

The IRS advises people that if they don't receive their Economic Impact Payment, they should file their 2020 tax return electronically and claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on their tax return to get their payment and any refund as quickly as possible.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies