Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

az87
Level 2

Unable to import from Charles Schwab, says "the entered value does not meet the login id requirements"

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

119 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Unable to import from Charles Schwab, says "the entered value does not meet the login id requirements"

It sounds like your login information may be incorrect.

If that is not the case, you may wish to enter in your information manually.

Here's where you enter your 1099-B in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) your return if it isn't already open.
  2. In TurboTax, search for 1099-B and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2019? If you see Here's the info we have for these investment sales, select Add More Sales.
  4. Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-B or brokerage statement for these sales?
  5. At Let's get your tax info, choose type it in yourself.
  6. Follow the instructions.

Here's how to enter your 1099-DIV in TurboTax Online:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Search for 1099-DIV and select the Jump to link in your search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you receive any dividend income?
  4. Choose your bank or brokerage from the list to import your 1099-DIV and select Continue or manually enter your 1099-DIV  by selecting I'll type it in myself.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your 1099-DIV.

Here's how to enter a 1099-INT:

1. Open (continue) your return if it's not already open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for 1099-INT and select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you receive any interest income? If you see Here's the interest we have so far, select Add interest income.
  4. On the following screen, select how you want to enter your 1099-INT and follow the on-screen instructions.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
az87
Level 2

This is clearly incorrect, and it doesn't sound like you understand the issue at all.

The exact error message is "the entered value does not meet the Login ID requirements" which appears BEFORE it allows me to connect to my Schwab account. So my credentials cannot be incorrect because they were never entered. Stop copy and pasting generic responses, I can't be the only one having this issue.

I am in the exact same boat. No matter what you enter for username it complains that "the entered value does not meet the login id requirements". This is clearly a bug on Turbtax end. I have tried in multiple browsers, and multiple Schwab accounts. 

I have exactly the same problem. As soon as the first character in either the password or logon ID is entered, the red text underneath the field changes from "This field is required" to the error message in the subject line. I've never seen such an error before -- anywhere.

In all fairness, though, Turbo does say, "Your credentials are safe with us." I guess they are safe enough if they can't be entered at all! 

This is really lousy, because these are the longest forms for me to enter, by far. This feature worked last year and the previous. Surely it worked earlier THIS year, else there would be more complaints than from the past two days only.

Bad karma for starting my taxes so late? Since no subsequent answers are coming after the posts of yesterday, I cannot assume that waiting one more day will do any good. And therefore I must begin to type, type, type...

Having the same issue with Charles Schwab account only. It doesn't matter what you enter in the "Schwab . com Login ID:" field, it always says "The entered value does not meet the Login ID requirements." I have tried my Schwab username (which works on Schwab . com), email address, random long string of characters/digits, but nothing works. Some sort of bad JavaScript validation.

The same issue is present for the "Schwab . com Password:" field. No matter what you enter, it says "

The entered value does not meet the password requirements."

Fix this please. This is one of my longest forms and it would take hours of manual entering otherwise.

Edit: I don't have issues importing from other financial institutions so far.

same issue here This worked great for my Fidelity accounts and there is obviously a bug in the system with Charles Schwab. Please have a programmer look at this ASAP!

Sivad180

I'm having the same issue.  If it's not resolved within the next two days, I'll switch to a different service rather than entering these (very long) forms manually.

I'm having the same problems as everyone else. "the entered value does not meet the login id requirements". Clearly something's wrong.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Schwab only requires the usual user name and password.  however. Schwab may have changed the password requirements.  so go to the Schwab website and try changing your password or call customer service 800-435-4000

Anonymous
Not applicable

you may need the online premier version to import?  for desktop basic should work

Situations not covered in TurboTax Free Edition include:

Itemized deductions
Business or 1099-MISC income
Stock sales
Rental property income
Credits, deductions and income reported on schedules 1-3, such as the Student Loan
Interest Deduction

I'm having this same issue. The button to submit the required information was greyed out, so it's certainly not an issue on Schwab's end.

Furst

Same issue. Going to come back to this section later

Having the same issue using Premier. Adding to the chorus on the off chance that it matters to get some attention to fix.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies