Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I enter my Uber earnings as I drove for a short period of time and did not qualify to receive either type of 1099?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

How do I enter my Uber earnings as I drove for a short period of time and did not qualify to receive either type of 1099?

Uber provides its drivers with a document, known as a tax summary. The Uber tax summary isn’t an official tax document. It’s simply a form that shows your 1099-K and 1099-MISC incomes on one page. It also shows selected expenses you can likely deduct on your Schedule C.

Your Yearly Summary for 2017 is also found on the Tax Information page, in the Tax Documents section, when you are signed into Uber.com. You can download this summary as well.

While it’s not an official tax document, the Yearly Summary includes:

• All of the items that went into your 1099 forms and any income you were paid through Uber that was not reported on a 1099 form (for example, if you had referral fees of $500 it wouldn’t generate a 1099-MISC, but these fees would be listed on your Yearly Summary).
  • Expenses you paid to Uber, like tolls, Safe Rides fees, split fare fees, etc. These expenses were taken out by Uber before they paid you. You will account for these expenses on your return – See Related Information below.
  • Your on-trip mileage and other information related to trips you completed.
The Yearly Summary gives you a better understanding of your earnings and expenses over the course of the year.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Uber provides its drivers with a document, known as a tax summary. The Uber tax summary isn’t an official tax document. It’s simply a form that shows your 1099-K and 1099-MISC incomes on one page. It also shows selected expenses you can likely deduct on your Schedule C.

Your Yearly Summary for 2017 is also found on the Tax Information page, in the Tax Documents section, when you are signed into Uber.com. You can download this summary as well.

While it’s not an official tax document, the Yearly Summary includes:

• All of the items that went into your 1099 forms and any income you were paid through Uber that was not reported on a 1099 form (for example, if you had referral fees of $500 it wouldn’t generate a 1099-MISC, but these fees would be listed on your Yearly Summary).
  • Expenses you paid to Uber, like tolls, Safe Rides fees, split fare fees, etc. These expenses were taken out by Uber before they paid you. You will account for these expenses on your return – See Related Information below.
  • Your on-trip mileage and other information related to trips you completed.
The Yearly Summary gives you a better understanding of your earnings and expenses over the course of the year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies