Twitch Streamer Income Inquiry

Twitch Streamer Income Inquiry

Hello everyone, 

My husband did a brief stint as a twitch streamer and earned an income of approximately 125.00, I cannot access any sort of form for him in regards to this payment. Is this something we have to claim on our taxes? Will twitch send us a form? How do I go about getting verification, I know they did not take any sort of tax from this money, would I just put it down as a miscellaneous income? Thank you in advance!

Twitch Streamer Income Inquiry

The IRS says that all income is taxable whether you receive a W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC or not.

What is Taxable and Nontaxable Income?

Generally, an amount included in your income is taxable unless it is specifically exempted by law.

Income that is taxable must be reported on your return and is subject to tax.

It is doubtful that you will receive a tax form for this income.

Given the dollar amount, I would report it as miscellaneous income unless you receive a tax form from Twitch that directs you to report it a different way.