adamsfusa

Turbox not allow me to select my son from dropdown when claiming dependent care? He turned 13 on Sep 2016 but care was provided Jun-Aug'16. He was not 13 at the time.

The turboxtax easy guide says I can claim my son given that my expenses were incurred prior to him turning 13 in September 2016. But the dropdown box will not allow me to select him as a dependent so I cannot deduct the dependent care expense.

IsabellaG

Try deleting your son as a dependent,  and then re-enter him. When I enter a child who was born on September 1, 2003, their name does come up on the drop-down list to choose as a dependent for the Child Care Credit. The dependent also has to live with you for more than half the year to qualify.

IsabellaG