ennycollado6

Turbotax waived my health insurance penalty. I would like to know why. i was not covered the whole year, but my income was 11,028 on 2016 is that the reason why?

MaryK1

Yes, because of your income, health insurance is considered unaffordable for you.

The minimum amount you would have paid for employer-sponsored coverage or a bronze level health plan (depending on your circumstances) is more than a certain percentage (8.05 percent for 2015) of your actual household income for the year as computed on your tax return. Also see coverage considered unaffordable based on projected income listed below, which provides a prospective exemption granted by the Marketplace if the minimum amount you would have paid for coverage is more than a certain percentage of your projected household income for the year.