turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ltsmith13

Turbotax is asking for employer id on w-2 and i don't have any w-2

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

What type of income are you trying to enter?  What type of Form did you receive for the income?
ltsmith13

all of my income is 1099 one of then did not have employer ID - the final review process is asking for the ID for a W-2 because state needs it
ltsmith13

I know what the problem is - I just can't fix it - in the wages and income section "work on ...... W-2 is checked and I can't get it to check "No W-2" - so it's looking for EID on non-existant W-2

See if a W-2 is listed in the Forms list when accessing Delete a Form.
If a W-2 is not shown and you cannot for some reason change that W-2 selection then you may have to just clear the return and start over.

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over with a lower priced edition.  Click on My Account at the top of the program screen while working on the 2016 online tax return.  Click on Clear & Start Over.

You need to verify that there is not an empty W-2 entered for your tax return and delete the W-2 if shown.

Enter w-2 in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to w-2

You can also delete a W-2 from your account if listed in the forms, schedules and worksheets for your return.  Click on My Account at the top of the program screen.  Click on Tools.  Click on Delete a form.  Delete any Form W-2 that is shown in the list.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies