Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cadydad4

TurboTax included vouchers for estimated tax payments for 2021. I will not owe taxes for 2021. Do I need to do anything to change this?

I will not owe taxes for the year 2021. Turbo tax included vouchers. Do I need to do anything to stop this or is it voluntary. The year 2019 was an exception due to an inherited IRA.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

TurboTax included vouchers for estimated tax payments for 2021. I will not owe taxes for 2021. Do I need to do anything to change this?

Since you do not expect to owe 2020 taxes, you can ignore the vouchers. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rls90834

I also have quarterly vouchers (on my filing .pdf) and don't owe this year. I would ignore it (which I have done in the past) but on the.pdf for filing it says where the form would be "Do Not File - Form Not Final". The payment voucher is there at the bottom of the page but the text above the dotted line just says "Do Not File - Form Not Final". TurboTax won't let me transmit because it says I need and update before transmitting.

I am assuming the form requiring updating (one that I don't need) is preventing me from transmitting my return.

SamS1
Expert Alumni

Yes.  Go through the 1040-ES form questions in TurboTax and make your income and withholding adjustments for 2021.  Follow these instructions:

After you have logged in and are in your return:

• Go to Search at the top of the screen.
  • then enter 1040-ES in the search box. 
  • You will see a Jump To function that will take you to the 1040-ES input screens.

Enter no to the W-4 question.  You will then be able to walk through the 2021 1040ES screens and make adjustments for your 2021 income based on your 2020 income.   After completed, if you do not want 1040-ES for 2021, indicate "No".

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies