Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Opened a business last year and need help with deductions. Which CD will be the best for me? I need all of the deductions I can get.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MoniqueLO
Intuit Alumni

Opened a business last year and need help with deductions. Which CD will be the best for me? I need all of the deductions I can get.

TurboTax Home & Business would be the best product for you. It will guide you through start-up costs your new business can deduct. Please see the link below for more information.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/home-and-business.jsp

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MoniqueLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Home & Business would be the best product for you. It will guide you through start-up costs your new business can deduct. Please see the link below for more information.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/home-and-business.jsp

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

It is best for a first time business owner to use the CD version. You will probably want TurboTax Home & Business to file the SCH C for your single owner business - be it a sole proprietorship or single-member LLC. You can use the desktop Premier version if you want, as basically for SCH C the only difference between the desktop versions of Premier and Home & Business, is that the latter offers more help.

If you buy the Desktop CD it has both Windows and Mac programs on it.  Do you have a CD drive on your computer?  People tend to forget that they don’t have one.

If you buy the download you have to pick the right one Windows or Mac.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies