turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AW-Right
Returning Member

TurboTax Home & Business 2016 and Quickbooks Pro 2019 Data Import

Trying to get data from Quickbooks Pro 2019 into TurboTax Home & Business 2016 (My bad for not preparing earlier).

The software claims to only support up to Quickbooks 2017, while the online support claims they go to Quickbooks 2020. 

I really would like to get this done, but am stymied here. Can anyone assist?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

AW-Right
Returning Member

Thanks Critter. Already tried that route. Although the article states it'll work with 2014-2020 Quickbooks, in actuality, it only works with 2011-2017 versions. Since I'm using 2019 Desktop Pro, it claims it doesn't support it when I try (and I've tried a bunch!)

Any other ideas?

AW-Right
Returning Member

How can this question get answered?

Well print off a P & L , a Balance Sheet & an asset listing and enter the info manually ... it should only take a hour or so instead of taking a week trying to find the shortcut.  

FYI ... the penalties for filing late are accruing interest everyday ... stop delaying any longer.
AW-Right
Returning Member

Thanks Critter. Hadn't thought of that, as I was trying to do electronic import. I guess that will have to do. Trying to catch up on multiple years of filings, as I was advised by legal council not to file while I was going through a personal matter. Didn't realize at the time it was going to take 5 years! Now i's time to play catch up.

I find that the import from quickbooks 2016 into turbotax business 2019 does not work.  It just fails by noting that the "file is already open".  Yet the file must be open to run the import.  I've done this for years and suspect the qb needs to be updated.  Profound that there is no contact at intuit other than to submit issue in cyberspace.

First the QB program you are using really does need to be updated ... then ... 

How do I import QuickBooks data into TurboTax Business?

The 2019 TurboTax Business CD/Download software can import directly from the QuickBooks 2014-2020 Desktop software.

Before you begin, here are some tips

Instructions

Right after you begin a new return in TurboTax Business, we'll ask if you used QuickBooks in 2019. Answer Yes and follow the onscreen instructions.

If you've already gone past that screen, select Import From QuickBooks from the File menu in the upper-left corner of your program.

This is a holiday weekend ... if you still need help with this issue contact TT support on Monday :

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number
They are available M-F  from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time.

Or ask for help from the QB forum : 

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/us-quickbooks-community/misc/03/community-us

Manage cookies