turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

turbotax doubles capital gains

CAPITAL GAINS: Same thing happened for the 2020 and 2021 returns.
My 2019 notes:
I downloaded capital gain and loss info from my husband's brokerage firm.
Form Schedule WD - Capital Gains and Losses - 2019
Rows 9a, 9b and 10 copied exactly from the Federal Form. Line 11, column E was blank on the federal form. In Wisconsin State Tax review Turbo Tax instructed me to insert my capital gains. I checked the 1099R, and inserted the figure. Turbo Tax did another review which essentially DOUBLED the capital gains. Turbo Tax online will not allow me to adjust the incorrect field. Turbo Tax only allows a REVIEW, but I can’t even find my return, except to print and review. THERE IS NO OPTION TO CORRECT an INCORRECT ENTRY!!!
I have wasted hours trying to get past review to my actual return.
Turbo Tax used to allow me to make corrections.
I have to start all over again, wasting more hours.
Everything would be fine if Turbo Tax would all taxpayers to override an error THAT TURBO TAX TOLD ME TO ENTER.

The only solution that I could figure out was to JUST ENTER ZERO on where TurboTax instructed me to enter capital gains. But then I could not file Federal and WI through TurboTax.

Both 2020 and 2021 returns had to be mailed in. Wisconsin received our return and mailed us a refund. We still have not heard anything at all about our federal return, mailed March 17, 2022. I should have paid for a return receipt from the post office.

I searched TurboTax for help - all kinds of searchable "comments" that did not apply even when I entered my own problem.
I could not locate a section titled: IF YOU FIND AN ERROR IN TURBOTAX, PLEASE LET US KNOW. NOTHING.
This is a serious error that TurboTax should fix.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

turbotax doubles capital gains

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies