Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jodyinsd

TurboTax Del says "Looks like you're not quite finished with Health Insurance" at review, but when I go back it says "Since someone can claim you, you don't have to compl

I have been using Turbo Tax for about 15-20 years and have always been really pleased. This is the first time I ran into an issue like this. It is a software bug and I hope it is easy to fix via an update.
fpiazza99

TurboTax Del says "Looks like you're not quite finished with Health Insurance" at review, but when I go back it says "Since someone can claim you, you don't have to compl

I used the work around and it seemed to get me past the issue, but now i see that it does not account for the New Jersey personal exemption of $1000 that i believe i'm entitled to receive. Arg. One of the reasons i don't like a work around is you never know what else if screwed up either because of the work around or because the software is buggy. I've been using TT for 15 years as well and this is the worst i've seen it. Being a SW engineer and seeing the changes in the technology industry (limit testing, new development philosophies by inexperienced technologist who get the attention of their management but no sound proof of betterment) scares the hell out of me. Sorry, i'll stop my rant now. Need to wait for intuit to fix this the right way and provide a statement that they did fix it before i trust the software now. May need to use something else if its not fixed soon.
fpiazza99

Also, i'm very unhappy that there is no representation or very little from intuit on these boards.  And, the lack of an adequate help line that can solve issues may be tell tailing of Intuits commitment to their products. Btw, the so called CLOUD has affected the technology industry so much that firms are focusing there before the standalone products. This is probably fixed in the online version or doesn't happen there at all. Bad for business.
jstp542

Yes, I had the same problem on my son's 2016 return. If it keeps looping back to "Health Insurance", skip from "Federal Review" to "Smart Check". There it will allow you to check the box at the very bottom of the "Healthcare Entry Sheet". This box says you are finished with all the healthcare entries. Then, when you continue it should tell you the Federal return has "no errors". 

Also just learned: In addition to skipping to "Smart Check", you need to skip to the next section when doing final review after doing state taxes, since it wants to send you back to the same place as the Federal review did.

Finally, the person that claims you as a dependent on their tax return will have show you had "healthcare" on their return. Hope that helps.

any-idea

I had the same problem, I'm not sure why Turbo Tax just doesn't fix the problem?
bb9mm

I have the same problem with my son's return.  Turbo Tax needs to fix this immediately.  It isn't right for users to have to fake out the software by skipping the "review" portion of the program.  The 1040 line on my son's return is left blank ... is this right or wrong?  I hate loose ends, I hope an update is coming fast from Turbo Tax to fix the issue.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies